At Holiday Inn Express®
our purpose is to provide simple, smart travel. We look for people who are welcoming and smart; people who can focus on the things that really matter to our guests and get them right every time, which means we need you to:
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Act by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
The Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon is looking for an enthusiastic food and beverage professional. Our property embraces an up-beat and impressionable breakfast experience for all of our guests. The ideal candidate should enjoy mixing and mingling with hotel guests while also being able to ensure the highest cleanliness and food quality standards are delivered at all times. This positions schedule would be perfect for an early bird or someone who enjoys the flexibility of not having to work late afternoons or evenings.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Canyon is a 198-room property that averages 100-140 daily arrivals and departures for 80% of the calendar year. This hotel is committed to giving exceptional guest service to all our guests to make their stay comfortable and memorable. A Housekeeper has a key role in ensuring our hotel rooms and public areas are cleaned and well-kept for our hotel guests. A Housekeeper must take pride in his/her quality of cleanliness and presentation for the guest to be completely satisfied with their stay. The position demands physical labor and the ability to left more than 35 lbs. routinely.
Breakfast Attendant will:
Breakfast Attendant Job Qualifications:
- Breakfast Hours begin at 5am, associates should be ready with hair net on, name tag and clean uniform ready to work at that time.
- Breakfast Attendants must be available to interact with guests providing a warm, relaxing environment for breakfast service.
- Breakfast Attendant sets up attractive food displays, maintains cleanliness and ensures food safety.
- Breakfast Attendant is responsible to provide leadership team with inventory and food ordering list. Helps receive food order, rotating food prior to putting food order away.
- Maintain adequate breakfast supplies and stock guest area as needed during and after breakfast.
- Cleans hotel guest breakfast area, including: tables and seats, dirty dishes, spilled food or drink, sweep and mop while using wet floor signs, empty trash cans as well as take trash to dumpster. Will also need to clean public restrooms before and after breakfast as trained.
- Carry breakfast food, dishes, trays, or silverware from hotel pantry to breakfast service area.
- Rotate jobs by cooking and washing breakfast cooking dishes throughout your shift.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Must have a current food handler’s permit, if you don’t have a food handler’s permit we will have you study and take the test for your certification.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
Reports to Breakfast Bar Manager
This company uses a progressive discipline process involving coaching and written documentation. Both are meant to make the employees aware of opportunities for improvement and give them the help needed to correct the situation. The first 90 days of employment is considered an introductory period and termination may result for attendance or work performance violations. Although employment is based on mutual consent and both the employee and the company have the right to terminate employment at will, with or without cause; the company may use progressive discipline at its discretion.
BENEFITS & HOUSING
- After 1 year of employment 2 weeks of paid vacation time is given annually
- We follow the Arizona Paid Sick Leave Policy which is 1 hour for every 30 hours worked after 90 days of employment
- Dental, Vision and Health Insurance are available and meet or exceed current Affordable Care Act requirements.
- After 1 year of full-time employment: personal time and vacation time are available
- Multi-tenant housing is available for full-time employees:
- ALL female units and ALL male units
- NO family housing, NO co-ed housing available
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Very affordable rent is payroll deducted every 2 weeks from your paycheck.
- Housing deposit will be split and deducted from your first 3 paychecks.
- Rent includes utilities.
- All units have basic furnishings so that you will just need to bring your personal belongings and any special items you may require. More details will be specified in your housing contract.